When to use Pherodis?
Use Pherodis to detect, monitor and mass trapping of butterflies/moths, fruit flies.
Pheromones are available for different pests:
Tuta absoluta (South American tomato pinworm)
Plutella xylostella (Diamondback moth)
Bactrocera cucurbitae (Melon fruit fly)
Bactrocera dorsalis (Oriental fruit fly)
Leucinodes orbonalis (Brinjal shoot & fruit borer)
Pectinophora gossypiella (Pink bollworm)
How does Pherodis work?
The Pherodis’ capsules release species-specific sex pheromone to lure adult males of the pest into the trap. There they making them easy to detect, count, identify, monitoring and mass trapping.
How to use Pherodis
- Collect the sachets containing the pheromone dispensers from the storage and open the sachets. Do not squeeze the Pherodis, since it can reduce the efficacy of the pheromone.
- Place the capsule in respective trap (Tutasan water trap, Bactosan trap and delta trap) and hang the trap in a suitable position.
- Distribute the traps as evenly as possible over the area, in order to avoid interference.
- Write down the trap’s serial number and the type of pheromone it contains on the outside.
- Wash your hands between assembling pheromone traps for different species of butterflies and moths.
- During the first few days following the installation of a new pheromone capsule, moths or butterflies may be caught more often than usual. It may be because of the greater pests load in the crop. The Pherodis releases the scent sustainably for longer period.
- Pheromone dispensers remain effective for 6 weeks. Replace the capsule in the trap after 6 weeks, but only with a dispenser containing the same kind of pheromone.
The information given below is merely indicative. Tailored advice can be provided if information is available on the local factors that need to be taken into account, such as the crop, the climate conditions and the level of infestation. For the correct approach, please consult a Koppert specialist or a recognized institute.
- For every species of butterfly/moth, fruit flies use ten dispensers per acre along with respective traps.
Best working conditions Pherodis
Never open the pouch containing Pherodis pheromone dispenser because the pheromone will evaporate almost immediately and completely. The dispenser is permeable, and the pheromone will gradually diffuse through the wall.
Koppert Biological Systems India Private Limited is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
The dispensers have a shelf life of one year from the date of manufacturing.